Welcome to the Northern District of Illinois Electronic Case Filing/PACER System.
|To access CM/ECF, click >>>>>
ECF/PACER is now your sole source for electronic document retrieval for the Northern District of Illinois.
PACER account users can continue to use your existing PACER accounts to access
the ECF/PACER system. A
user fee of $.08 per viewed page was approved by the Judicial
Conference of the United States during its September, 2004 meeting.
A login and password issued by the PACER Service Center is required
to access this site. If you do not already have a PACER account, visit
the PACER Service Center's web site at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov
or call (800) 676-6856.
- Click here for information on registering for an e-filing account with District Court.
- If you are a member of the Court's General Bar, click here.
- If you you have been granted leave to appear in a case pro hac vice pursuant to Local Rule 83.14, click here.
- Check here for Judges' motion and notice requirements.
- Many problems with e-filing can be corrected by a process called clearing the cache. Click here for simple instructions on how to clear your cache.
- E-Filing Frequently Asked Questions
e-Filing Check List
- The basic requirements for e-filing in federal courts are listed at the
- CM/ECF Help Desk Number is: 312-846-8727
- U.S. Party/Case Index. Pacer Login and Password Required.
E-Filing Training classes: To register for INSTRUCTOR-LED
E-Filing training classes, please click HERE.
If you have questions regarding the training classes, please call Larry Appelson
- On-line CM/ECF Training : For users who
have good computer skills, an on-line version of the CM/ECF training is
available. Users selecting this option are required to download instructional
materials which include the user guide and training videos from the Court's
website. Training is self-paced and requires the completion of an assessment.
Participants are provided with access to the CM/ECF training database for
practice and to complete the assessment.
The assessment consists of creating, then e-filing mock documents in the
training database. Participants are permitted two attempts to
successfully complete the assessment. After two unsuccessful attempts the
participant is required to attend an instructor-led class at the Dirksen Federal
Building at 219 S. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL before s/he will be allowed to
register as an ECF user. The assessment must be successfully completed within 30
days of registration.
To register as an on-line student please email
Paula Rogers and provide your name, telephone number, firm name and email address.
- Click HERE
for a PDF version of the Attorney User Guide for CM/ECF Filing, and training
videos. Please keep in mind that e-filing accounts are provided only to those
attorneys who have completed the District Court's in-house training program
(reviewing the videos does not constitute having completed the
District Court's in-house training program) who are already registered as an
e-filer in another district or bankruptcy court, or who have received training
in e-filing from their firm. The training CD is provided as a support tool,
U.S. District Court, Northern
District of Illinois
Friday, July 25, 2014 at 03:54 A