Filing Instructions If Not Yet Registered as a Northern District of Illinois E-Filer
Use the following steps to complete the Application to Appear Pro Hac Vice process:
- Register for a Northern District of Illinois E-Filing Account
- A login and password will be emailed within 24 hours.
- After you recieved your login and password, complete the fillable
Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice below.
- Login into the Court's ECF system at https://ecf.ilnd.uscourts.gov
- Select "Civil" from the blue menu bar
- Select "Motions" under the Motions and Related Filings heading
- Enter the Case Number that you are to appear Pro Hac Vice
- Select the event "Appear Pro Hac Vice"
- Attach your "Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice" in PDF format
- Pay the filing fee through the pay.gov screen within the "Appear Pro Hac Vice" event